In addition to the right attitude, we will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Current professional registration within your home country.
- Minimum of three years’ post medical graduation work experience.
- Certified and current in ACLS and ATLS/ITLS.
- High level of personal health and fitness.
- Above average computer literacy.
- While superior English proficiency is required, other language skills (such as French or Portuguese) will be favourably viewed.
- Previous international remote site experience will be highly valued
REGISTERED NURSE – WEST AFRICA
We are seeking a well presented, enthusiastic South African Registered Nurse with remote site experience for a potential position in the Republic of Guinea.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Daily primary Health Care.
Responding to on-site emergency incidents.
Proficient in Advanced Life Support treatment, management and stabilisation of Medical and Trauma-related emergencies.
Referral of patients to specialists for further investigation and coordination of all emergency medical evacuations from the site.
Providing training for local personnel in first-aid.
Hygiene inspections of kitchen, dining room and all food handling areas.
Malaria risk mitigation.
Health Presentations to the on-site workforce.
Conducting Pre-employment, Annual Medicals as well as Exit Medicals.
Occupational Health will be an advantage.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bsc Nursing/Diploma in Nursing – Registered Nurse (RN) essential
Registered with SANC.
Emergency Department/Trauma / Intensive Care experience (will be an advantage)
Five years post graduate working experience.
Minimum of three years remote site work experience in Africa.
Certified and current in ACLS and ITLS.
High level of health and fitness.
Computer literate –Microsoft Word/ Excel /Outlook /PowerPoint.
English language skills- Read /write and speak.
Note: Candidate must pass a medical and have a fit for work certificate before employment.