Medical Director & President
Dr. Albie de Frey, has more than 20 years’ experience in the provision of corporate travel health risk management. His special interest is the inter-phase between grass roots public health and the needs and impact of multinationals operating in the developing world.
- Obtained medical degree from the University of Pretoria in 1983 followed by Diplomas in Primary Emergency Care and Anaesthesiology from the South African College of Medicine.
- Diploma in Travel Medicine from the University of Glasgow and Certificate in Travel Health from the International Society of Travel Medicine.
- Fellow of the Faculty of Travel Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, Scotland and the Faculty of Travel Medicine of the Australasian College of Tropical Medicine, Australia.
- Senior Honorary Lecturer in the School of Public Health, Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Member of the WHO Expert Roster on Travel Health.
- Editorial Board Appointments:
- Associate Editor – The Southern African Journal of Epidemiology & Infection
- Elected Member of Editorial Board of Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease, Elsevier
- Review Committee Member – International Travel and Health (ITH), WHO.
- PRESIDENT – Dr Albert Frederick de Frey
- VICE-PRESIDENT – Ms Olga Pardo Bornand
- ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY – Mr Raymond Felix
- NON EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – Mr Simon Gray
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – Mr Pierre du Toit